I loved Bill Bryson's book about driving around the USA: The Lost Continent: Travels in Small Town America. It was written in 1988, so a bit dated, but his observations were right on, he writes with laugh out loud humor, and I my drive to the right hand coast kept coming to mind.
Loving Frank was my book group's book, so I checked it out from the library. (I have a new library card, the first new card for me in 33 years!) I enjoyed the story of F. L. Wright's long time love affair with Mamah Cheney, her struggles with doing the right thing, and the difficulty of being a divorced woman in the early 20th century.
My airplane book this weekend is The Madonnas of Leningrad, another Book Club choice. More later about this one. I'm off to see family in North Carolina.
No comments:
Post a Comment