Thursday, September 3, 2009

Friends, Family, Lummi

It must be Seattle!  The Locks . . . 

We met up with Mama J and K at the locks.  Mrs T and J were friends as babies!
Two little girls have two little girls.

A beautiful late summer day; lovely.

Big Fish going through the fish ladder.



A weekend at Lummi started with dinner at the Beach Cafe with the whole family and this view.


Dada, Mama and Miss C enjoying the grass after a walk for coffee and pastry.

A little hike with Gma LaLa.

Our last morning walk to "downtown Lummi."
Miss C walked all the way to the swings at the school.

Fog created beauty.


The tide was out, we looked in the tide pools, found purple starfish,
watched the sun peek through the mist, spotted a blue heron or two,
watched the Whatcom Chief go back and forth.


Uncle N made music.  What a talented son I have!

Bye, bye Lummi.

To Ellis Pond to see the ducks.

Feet in Lake Washington.

On the airplane coming back to the right hand coast.

I got to see all my friends: dinner with Book Group, dinner with MM, dinner with C & L, and C & T, lunch with M, dinner and a play with J, breakfast with J.  It was the perfect balance of visiting and a relaxing vacation.  Dinner with the D family, time with N.  Perfection!  I think I can do the Right Hand Coast for a few more months.  My year is turning into a year and a half!

No comments: