Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hot Weather Activities


What do you do when the weather is in the 90's with humidity approaching 90%? Go inside; turn on every fan in the house; put a little fan at your feet and sew! Drink plenty of water and run up and down the stairs frequently. Ice cream also helps.

So, I've made two new sleepy sacks for Miss C. (She prefers to sleep in a sleepy sack and you cannot buy a sleepy-sack in her size. The newest ones are made of muslin and cotton knit for the very warm weather.) This brings my sleepy-sack total to seven!

Eating ice cream . . . . homemade!

I made a new cotton skirt for me and quilted a pillow for with a circle motif:


I made a little sun dress for Miss C from a yard of fabric that I bought quite a while ago; it was waiting for the perfect project. The dress is copied from one she had in her closet.

Here she is in the new dress checking out the chickens at the Wyck House:


And I have some new photos for you of the finished quilt I made for Mr & Mrs T.

We collected fabric in aqua bright green and purples. Some fabrics are also in other things that I've sewn. It's fun to use scraps and extras and create something new.

This is the back. You can see the pattern of the quilting stitches . . . straight rows just inside each square. I think it looks pretty good for my fifth quilt!

No comments: