Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pillow, Quilt, Elf

In November, I had a health emergency: pneumonia which put me in the hospital for two days. I'm find now, but it was a scare, especially for my close friends. I had fallen asleep for 24 hours, and when I didn't appear to go to a dance performance, they sent out the troops. They woke me up, called the emt's, and got me to the ER. The antibiotic took care of the infection in my lungs and blood stream, and the rest of the recovery was resting at the hospital and at home. To express my gratitude, I made pillows: L got this one, and I didn't get photos of the two others. I am so grateful for good friends with ESP.

This little elf went to Philadelphia to Miss C. I hope she had fun dancing with him.

Two of my "angels" are expecting their first grandchild. The bunnies should just do it.

Here's the quilt almost finished; the binding needs a few more stitches.

I have a new sewing machine with a stitch regulator for making regular stitches when doing free motion quilting. I would have loved to free motion this quilt, but I don't trust my skill,
yet, so it has a diagonal grid using my trusty walking foot.

No comments: