Gma La La loves the Pacific Ocean at Cannon Beach, Oregon. Now what will the Atlantic Ocean look like? Feel like? Do you go there on New Year's Day?
I'm trying to do all the things I love in a Pacific Northwest Summer before I leave: being with friends, hiking, a little bike riding, Teddy Bear Camp, raspberries and blueberries in my back yard. Each day Teddy Bear Camp reminds me of how much I enjoy young children. Watching them try new things; being with them as they master the art of saying good-by to Mom or Dad; singing, dancing, being silly, painting, laughing, listening to their stories. Our last activity of each day is to sing the "Teddy Bear Camp Song" to the bears and rock them to sleep. The children take this so seriously. What a privilege to be a part of a young person's life.
I plan to see Mount Rainier one more time; and dinner at the little Italian place; Hood Canal beckoned twice already. Thank you to all my friends who make my life rich.
2 comments:
I have a feeling that you'll find someway to continue working with kids, and tie in your granddaughter.
Love
Nate
we will miss you and will be thinking of you guys over there. I am excited to hear (and see!) your adventures over the next year...
Love,
johanna
Post a Comment