Saturday, September 6, 2008

Decorating: BEFORE

Gma La La's Sitting Room -- Before

View looking out the windows -- notice the area for a window seat

Part of the adventure in G Town is to create a little living space for myself.  These are the "before" photos.  I am hoping that the "after" photos will be along soon.  T and I (and Miss C) have made several excursions to buy things for the sitting room for my third floor suite.  The bedroom is fine with everything I need, but this sitting room is empty.  Trips to IKEA, the hardware store, fabric store and ordering a sewing machine have gotten the ball rolling.  Now to paint the walls and floor.  

Today I put together 2 chairs from IKEA, but it's raining and about 90 degrees -- too hot for painting.  The storms you have been reading about have affected wide areas; just rain and wind here, but this heat and 100% humidity is curling my hair and making the least effort quite taxing.  Oh for cool.  Just remind me when winter comes. . . .


No comments: