There's never a dull moment in G Town. First, it's 93 degrees today with humidity to match. I put together a storage item for my new room with water dripping from my face. Then, as I was setting up my new shelf, the power went out. The neighbors were coming out of their houses, everyone thinking that it was only them who lost power. Mr T took a walk around the neighborhood to find that it was fairly widespread. We are back up and running now, keeping cool in Miss C's room with the air conditioning.
Another adventure! My previous power outages have been in the rain and cold of an upper left hand coast winter. Which is worse?
Of course this is all relative. Those in Texas right now are really suffering from the hurricane -- flooding, damage, evacuations. I remember the cyclone in Mexico in 1984: flooding, horizontal palm trees, pool furniture being tossed into the pools, washed out roads, wondering if we would be able to get home.
No comments:
Post a Comment