Sunday, November 16, 2008

Blessing

One of the greatest blessings of this "year on the right hand coast" is the opportunity to spend time with my lovely daughter.  She has been living on this coast for 9 years now, so our time together has been rushed and occasional: when she comes west, she has had lots of visiting to do, when I come east, it's usually for a special occasion.  These three months have contained plenty of hang out time.  Yes, I am doing the granny-nanny thing, but I also have the chance to drop in on my daughter's life.  Precious, precious drop-in, hang-out time.  

We have also had time for projects.  

Dining Room Chair Project:

Removing the old covering -- two layers plus straw and cotton batting


Recovering chairs: the before.  Note Percy's expression: this old fabric has to go!

Removing the seat.

Percy checks out the progress.


Finished product -- almost.  The seat isn't screwed in, yet, but you get the idea.   

Also this week: hemming the curtains for Miss C's room that have been in a box since Nonnie brought them; making a sleepy sack for Miss C.  Satisfying.

No comments: