Mrs T and I along with Miss C went into the city today to shop for fabric to re-cover the new dining room chairs. We went to "Fabric Row" where all the fabric stores are located in Philadelphia. Old buildings, old shops, an interesting variety of fabric, lots of rolls of fabric just like one sees on "Project Runway." Very different from going to one of the chain fabric stores where you wait and wait for a turn at the cutting counter. I remember when every department store had a "yardage" department. It was a treat to go with my mom to pick our a yard of nice wool for a new skirt. Many fabric purchases turned into something much less successful. . . .
I forgot to take my camera, as this area is picturesque in its own way. I love finding my way (with the help of Mrs T's new cell phone's GPS) around this big interesting city. My new plan is to haul the camera EVERYWHERE!
And I went to Chestnut Hill today alone. (Mrs T had the day off.) I love being with Miss C, but a day without hefting her in and out of the car is a real treat.
No comments:
Post a Comment