Sunday, November 2, 2008

Schuylkill River Bike Trail


Near GTown are great biking paths: today I did the Schuylkill River Trail leading into the Center City area.  Here, I'm racing some practicing oarsmen.  I kept up with them!


The Water Works has always puzzled me, and today I read about the history of this place.  A dam was built across the Schuylkill to provide water to the city.  So, it's exactly as it says, the place that provided water.  No bikes on the decks, so my little ride waited for me while I snapped photos.


The dam near the water works


The Water works
Now holds a restaurant.  You can see the Art Museum just behind the WW.


The Market Street Bridge
The building behind the bridge is the train station.  Ms T gets off here to go to work every day.



The Art Museum


Wildlife in the city.

"Boathouse Row"

Schuylkill River on November 2,2008

Two more days until the election.  I had to get out of the house to get some distance from all the news, computer sites with video, etc.  I voted absentee two weeks ago, and have strong views about the outcome, but I'm weary of all the pundits, but I can't seem to quit looking at them.  My "too much news" antidote was this 10 mike bike ride.  I highly recommend it.  

No comments: