Wednesday, January 21, 2009

HISTORY

Historic
Magical
Friendly and warm
Freezing cold
Smiles
United
"We are One"
Unforgettable
Witnessing
January 20, 2009


My view of the "Jumbo-Tron" via my camera being held over my head with the telephoto lens.


This is what it looked like, really!  I watched from the "blue standing" area. . . near the capitol, but off to the side.  You probably had a better view on your television at home, but it was a huge thrill to be present, to be a witness to this marvelous historical moment.


Just a few of the 1,800,000 estimated people who were present for 
our 44th President's Inauguration.  Everyone is waiting in some kind of a line, 
or looking for the line for their gate.


L and I are waiting for the ceremony to begin.  44 is a good number!
If you look closer on the button on my hat, every president is listed;  
I may learn American History whether I like it or not.

Sunday afternoon's "We Are One" Concert celebration at the Lincoln Memorial.



S, Gma La La, President Obama, J & L enjoying Washington, DC



1 comment:

Grandmamo said...

I think I saw you! You had on a hat and gloves and a scarf around your face...but I think it was you. What a wonderful experience you now have in your soul. So much better than the "wake" held after Bush's election. YES WE WILL. I watched it for 3 days. ms