Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Miss C at 16 Months


Miss C has many methods of locomotion -- involving various combinations of knees, one foot, hands or arms.  Quite creative.


Check your shoes before you put them on. . . . Miss C is good at adding a little something. . . .

If I get on tip-toe, I can see all the eggs in this basket. . . . . .

Miss C delights and amazes me every day.  She remembers EVERYTHING!  Today at breakfast, (oatmeal with blueberries) all she could talk about was the book, "One berry, two berry, pick me a blueberry."  Now, her words aren't very clear, yet, but the meaning is all there.  She is counting to 5 for sure, understands two, names colors, and recognizes that letters are letters.  She loves the alphabet, the alphabet song, and knows that she's looking at letters: she'll say "a,"  "e," "d," "e," "b."  Her favorite book is "Whole World," which she asks for by name.  She loves the ideas of cookies, but really doesn't care to eat them.  She wants to know all about the moon.   I marvel at this little scientist in our midst.

We go to library time on Tuesdays, and I am fascinated by the difference in her demeanor when she's in an environment away from home.  Big eyes, taking it all in; she doesn't say much.  But she remembers EVERYTHING.  

"Don't worry that children never listen to you;
worry that they are always watching you."
                                -- Robert Fulghum


1 comment:

Cecilia Wigström said...

Dear Gma La La,

Happy late birthday! What a nice blog you have and nice to be able to read a bit. I have a few days off and am in Hunnebostrand. It is great being here in the Winter without hardly any people. Mom and dad's new house is "winter-proof" when it is 4C outside and windy.

Say hello to Mr T and Mrs T.

C.