Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Day Off

Two days to tend, then a day off!  Sounds pretty good, huh?  Miss C went to work with her mom today for a "family picnic."  

I started the day with a bike ride along Wissahicken Creek to Philadelphia's only covered bridge, and back.  The cool air of the shady Forbidden Drive were perfect!  I could do this every day, and I probably should!!  I'm looking forward to seeing Forbidden Drive with snow.  

This afternoon, I found a nail salon for a bit of a pedicure including hot stone massage, and found the stores to shop that I had intended.  The part I did not intend was getting lost on the way back.  And me with frozen food in the hot car.  If you get a little off, the roads go in angles rather than grids, so the farther you go, the farther off course you are.  EEEK!  I did get back, and am here to write this.  

I am missing the "getting ready" stage of the almost-fall at home.  I'm not missing the cold and rain and wind.

I love hearing from those of you who are reading this.   

1 comment:

grans m and b said...

Enjoying your blog so much. Cordelia is so lucky to have her grandma there. I envy you. Had fun hooking up with Fred Nystrom tonight. Haven't seen him in a long time. Looking forward to reading the books thanks for the recommendation. Take care