Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Something Extra

Lake Erie's Marblehead Lighthouse
Lake Erie from the top of the lighthouse

We altered our route today to include Lake Erie and Marblehead Lighthouse.  The lighthouse sits on a peninsula forming Sandusky Bay, Ohio.  The lighthouse is open, so I walked the 77 circular steps to the top.  Cool.  We lunched on Lake Erie, and tonight are in Macedonia, Ohio.

Drive, drive, drive east: oil change for Blanche.  The tollways are fun: sometimes you need a quarter or two, sometimes you get a ticket and pay at the end, sometimes you throw your money in a basket.  Those who use it pay . . .   

Peaches and home grown tomatoes from a farm stand.  Ohio has apple orchards . . . and corn and more corn. 

Both B and I are still rocking and rolling after we stop for the night or just for dinner.  I'll want to stay put for a while when I get to GTown. 

No comments: