Yesterday I said Good By to Mount Rainier. That glorious mountain has always been a part of my life. When the clouds cover, I always have known that she is there; when "I lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence commeth my help" it is Mount Rainier that is in my mind's eye. JAM drove with me around the mountain, walked in the grove of the patriarchs, was patient while I took lots of photos. Mount Rainier is a massive presence and beautiful meadows and flowers. Snow lingered, and Paradise was full of a huge construction project. Rain came in the afternoon, as Mt Rainier has her own weather. Driving home we were back to the warm and dry.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Good-byes
Yesterday I said Good By to Mount Rainier. That glorious mountain has always been a part of my life. When the clouds cover, I always have known that she is there; when "I lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence commeth my help" it is Mount Rainier that is in my mind's eye. JAM drove with me around the mountain, walked in the grove of the patriarchs, was patient while I took lots of photos. Mount Rainier is a massive presence and beautiful meadows and flowers. Snow lingered, and Paradise was full of a huge construction project. Rain came in the afternoon, as Mt Rainier has her own weather. Driving home we were back to the warm and dry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment