Friday, August 22, 2008

WE'RE HERE!!

Gma La La brought new toys and books -- gifts from her friends
Pennsylvania Corn
Mr Tea welcoming us
Gma La La in G Town
B's here, too!

We arrived at 1:57 PM today!  3338 miles later, Gma LaLa is in GTown!  It was an easy drive from Strasburg.  A sweet young man toasted bagels for us this morning and told us about his life.  The water main in Strasburg had broken, so we only had bottled water to drink and brush teeth.  B had a queezy tummy in the night, so we wondered if last night's dinner was cooked in the bad water. . . . 

She's napping while I get acquainted again with Miss C.  Miss C with the new big teeth, commanding voice, and gorgeous big blue eyes.  Captivating!

Miss C and I walked to the station to meet Miss Tea, my daughter and Miss C's Mom.  I'm really here to do what I can to make this sweet girl's life all it can be.  When we got home, we opened the box of "Gma La La" gifts -- books and toys to keep a baby happy for a good while. 

I have one thing to say about the USA: CORN.  Corn: rows and rows of corn cover this country from South Dakota to the outskirts of Philadelphia.  Today we saw corn and tobacco.  Some days it's corn and hay; some days it's corn and soybeans, or corn and unnamed crops.  Corn, corn, corn!
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

..when you see corn please remember God who is your provider of all your needs..