Thursday, August 14, 2008

New Time Zone!

Today was the "drive like hell" day: 662 miles to Belgrade, MT.  Big Sky country is full of a big beautiful sky, and rocky outcroppings.  Passed the Continental Divide, 6939 feet, this evening, and now it's down hill all the way!  Miss C, here I come!

The driving was easy today, B and I traded: 2 hour shifts, with stops to stretch, loosen up, and trade drivers.  Views of wind mills near the Colombia River,  picnic lunch in Coeur d' Alene at the lakeside park, dinner in Butte, with an extra stop in Wallace Idaho for emergency banking.  (Don't worry, everything's OK.)

Filled the gas tank twice, thanks to my wonderful Acme Book Club friends!

Now, I'm going swimming to knock off some of the road dust.  Yellowstone drive-through tomorrow.  All is well.  I feel like I've been on a boat all day.  Didn't they nail down this motel?


2 comments:

teamarie said...

Yeeehaw Gma Lala! Way to pack in them miles on the first day! Us eastcoasters are way impressed. :)

Craig said...

Way to go! That's quite a trek. Kitty Louis already misses you around here, and so do the 2-footed types.